Friday, August 22, 2008

At the lake

So, We went on a youth trip to the lake today. It was a very beautiful day to go it was 86 degrees. The kids were all having fun in the water then after lunch the majority of the kids wanted to go on a trail off into the woods. I figured they wouldn't go far. Rose a friend of mine was nervous because she hadn't been on the trail before. I wasn't so nervous because Nathan was going and I really didn't figure that he would let them go far before wanting to come back. Well and HOUR later... no children. I started getting worried so I walked about a quarter mile up the trail.. yelled... no answer.. alittle farther... nothing. At this point I prayed. I didn't feel relaxed so now Im really concerned!! I came to a point where the trail forked off and had no idea which way they would've went. So I turned back to see if someone would come with me I met up with a couple of the yw coming to help me. so we set off again and were able to follow their footprints in the mud in sporatic areas. When the prints cut off from the trail one of the girls decided to go back to see if they were back... of course at this point I realized I should have brought my cell phone.... HELLO! Well by this time I am pretty much barely holding it together... luckily Pearl was with me or I would have been histerical! We followed the prints and realized that they were following a rough trail because we saw markers on the trees. Also by this time my voice is hoarse from screaming their names. Well it appeared as though they were following the trail around in a circle when we could hear the people at the lake again we figured it would be best to just get back as fast as we could to see if they made it back. So we made a bee line toward the sounds and we then ran into the yw who turned back and she said they were back.... UGH!! I have not been so petrafied in my life! They didn't even realize anything was wrong... *Shakes head* anyway.. one of the boys that went with them had been on the trails before.. had I KNOWN that I wouldn't have worried!! They had actually gotten back 20 minutes after I had left... anyway, I am so grateful for my kids and gave them all big hugs when I got back!

No comments: